- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Sri Lanka, officially the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, is an island country in South Asia, located in the Indian Ocean to the southwest of the Bay of Bengal and to the southeast of the Arabian. Pinnawela Orphanage is situated in Rambukkana, northwest of the town Kegalla, halfway between the present capital Colombo and the ancient royal residence Kandy in the hills of central Sri Lanka. Kandy-Located in the foothills of the central highlands, Kandy, Sri Lanka’s renowned second city is a beautiful city, surrounded by hills and valleys, rivers, lakes and cascading waterfalls.
DAY 01 –Airport / Kandy
Welcome & assistance at airport & transfer to Kandy.
Pinnawala – Elephant Orphanage
Pinnawela Orphanage is situated in Rambukkana, northwest of the town Kegalla, halfway between the present capital Colombo and the ancient royal residence Kandy in the hills of central Sri Lanka. It was established 1975 by the Sri Lanka Wildlife department. This 24 acres large elephant orphanage is a also breeding pace for elephants, the first elephant baby was born in 1984, and it has the greatest herd of elephants in captivity in the world. Between 1975 and 2012, 67 animals were born here.
Overnight stay at Hotel in Kandy
Day 02 – Kandy
Breakfast at the Hotel
Kandy-Located in the foothills of the central highlands, Kandy, Sri Lanka’s renowned second city is a beautiful city, surrounded by hills and valleys, rivers, lakes and cascading waterfalls. 129 Km away from Colombo Kandy, the charming hill capital, is the centre of Sri Lanka’s rich culture and a World Heritage City or it may be said that Kandy is a perfect place to explore the unique history and the beautiful culture simultaneously. Popularly known as Maha Nuwara (means “The Great City”) among most of Sri Lankans, Kandy is full of magnificent architecture displaying Indian and Sinhalese designs. It is a most sacred city for Buddhists with numerous temples and shrines, based on Buddhist architecture. Kandy was declared as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1988
Dalada Maligawa – Temple of Tooth
Located in Kandy, long a center of the Buddhist faith, the stunning 17th-century Temple of the Tooth (Śrī Dalada Maligawa) is believed to house the left upper canine tooth of the Lord Buddha himself. This precious relic attracts white-clad pilgrims, bearing lotus blossoms and frangipani, every day.
Royal Botanical Garden
The Botanical Garden at Peradeniya was formally established in 1843 with plants brought from Kew Garden, Slave Island, Colombo,
Kandy Cultural Show
Sri Lanka, a country rich with culture & tradition offers a very vibrant and unique show of Sri Lankan traditional dances, in the form of Kandy cultural show. As many as 12 different folk and traditional dances are performed during the show.
Kandyan Dance was originated from the hill country capital of Kandy. But today it has been widespread to other parts of the country
Overnight stay at Hotel in Kandy
Day 03 – Kandy / Bentota
Breakfast at the Hotel
Transfer from Kandy to Bentota
Madu River Journey
Madu River Journey
Maadu Ganga flows across Balapitiya (approx 80kms down south of Colombo) and is one of the rarely visited, unspoiled attractions any nature lover can find in Sri Lanka. She boasts of having a cluster of 64 small islands scattered along her path and the most of which are covered with mangroves and uninhabited.
Visit Turtle Hatchery
Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project ("KSTCP")
Dudley Perera's project has been underway since 1988. The main aim of the project is to monitor local sea turtle activity and conserve the local nesting sites. We aim to make the public more aware of how endangered these beautiful creatures are and just how important it is to help protect them before it is too late.
One of the most important activities of the project is its hatchery. Within the sanctuary of the project, collected and rescued eggs can hatch safely away from predators before being released into the sea at night-time. In addition, a certain number from each hatching are kept back for a short period for 'headstarting' before release. The hatchery program is designed to maximize the number of hatchlings reaching the sea and surviving through the critical stages of their early life. Only a few hatchlings from each batch will ever make it to adulthood.
Evening leisure at Bentota Beach
Dinner & overnight stay at Hotel in Bentota
Day 04 – Bentota / Colombo
Breakfast at the Hotel
Transfer from Bentota to Colombo
Lunch at outside Indian restaurant
Colombo city tour & shopping
Colombo is the largest city of Sri Lanka and its commercial capital. The city is strategically located on the east west trade route and is a major business hub of the country.
The city is also the most modernized city of Sri Lanka. The most famous architecture of the city includes the Dutch Era buildings, the British era buildings and the Colombo Fort. Colombo is a city of many festivals. The most important festival of Colombo is the celebration of Lord Buddha's Birth, Enlightenment and Death.
There are several nightclubs and bars catering to young adults, those with live bands (mostly of excellent standard), are very popular with a more mature clientele
Dinner & overnight stay at Hotel in Colombo
Day 05 – Colombo / Airport
Breakfast at the Hotel
Transfer from Colombo to airport for departure flight
Tour Cost - Cost details are based on minimum 02 pax
Hotel Used - 3 star
Rs 23,500 Per person sharing DBL room on FB basis
- Oak Ray Regency , Kandy x 01 Night
- Oak Ray Summer Hill / Lourdes , Nuwara Eliya x 01 Night
- Rock side Beach, Bentota x 01 Night
- Berjaya / Global Tower Hotel, Colombo x 01 Night
Hotel Used - 4 star (Cost details are based on minimum 02 pax )
Rs 27,500 Per person sharing DBL room on FB basis
- Earls Regent , Kandy x 01 Night
- Araliya Green Hills , Nuwara Eliya x 01 Night
- Mermaid , Bentota x 01 Night
- Pearl Grand , Colombo x 01 Night
Value added services on Complementary basis
- Discount voucher to shop at ODEL dress boutique in Colombo.
- Entrance tickets for Cultural show from Gem Shop
- Mineral water bottles (500 ml) - 2 bottles per person per day
- Free Mobile sim card on arrival ( only on request basis - Passport copy to be given for ownership transaction 05 days before arrival )
Accommodation at the above mentioned Hotels or similar.
– 04 Breakfasts + 04 Dinners at the hotel itself
– 04 Lunches at outside Restaurants
– Transport in an A/C Coach with the service of an English-speaking National Guide.
– Sightseeing as mentioned above.
– Value added tax.
– Meeting and Assistance at the airport.
– All entrance fees: Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Kandy Temple, Peradeniya Botanical Garden, Turtle Farm, Kosgoda(Bentota), Madhu river boat ride
– Early check in & late check out.
– Camera & video permits.
– Visa & other charges (Entry Visa Fees, please visit www.eta.gov.lk for more details / submit your individual visa application)
– Any expenses of a personal nature.
– Any other expenses not mentioned above.
– Tips & Portages.
Supplement cost for Entrance Fees ( Per person)
US$ 05 Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
US$ 06 Kandy Temple
US$ 12 Peradeniya Botanical Garden
US$ 02 Turtle Farm, Kosgoda(Bentota)
US$ 05 Madhu river boat ride
- IMPORTANT NOTES
- Rates valid for the Indian Nationals only.
- Price valid only for mentioned period only.
- Price based on minimum 25 pax as mentioned, travelling together at all time.
- All Hotels Check In time is 1400 hrs & Check Out time is 1200hrs (Early Check In / Late Check Out is subject to availability & at the discretion of hotel).
- Room availability of above quoted hotels are strictly subject to change & will check availability & confirm at the time of reporting as confirmed booking.
- Cancellation Policy:
- Bookings amount Non Refundable
- 29-15 days prior departure 65% of Full Fare
- 14-00 days prior departure 100% of Full Fare
- Terms & Conditions:-
- Package costs are quoted as per the current rate of 01 Euro = 80 INR as on 07th NOV 2019, if any fluctuation comes at the time of booking, customer has to pay the difference amount.
- Rate quoted for minimum 25 pax travelling together .If the no of pax is not attained Rate may differ .
- Package cost is not applicable during any unexpected exhibition and events.
- If any additional taxes, services, road toll implemented by the Government without prior notice.
- Accommodation for child as stated in the Child policy of Individual hotels. Child below 2 years is considered as infant and 2 years to 11 years are considered to be child.
- All the services included in the package are compulsory and no refund will be given if any of the services are not taken.
- We are not holding any rooms/seats in hotels, airlines respectively at this moment.
- Confirmation would be subject to availability at the time of booking
- Check-in time of the hotels varies between 15.00 hrs to 16.00 hrs and check out
- time varies between 11.00 to 12.00hrs.
- Early check-in & late check out will be subjected to availability of rooms.
- Passport should be valid for at-least 6 months from the date of travel
- PAN Card for all travellers is mandatory
- Company will not be liable for any claims due to accidents, food poisoning, medical illness or other natural calamities arising during the tour/travel. Passenger will have to ensure themselves and company will not entertain any claims in this regard.
- Transfers are operated on Scheduled Timings. Passengers who are not willing to wait for Scheduled Transfers need to book Private Transfers at supplement cost.
- If your Clients Baggage limit exceeds the weight limitations, they will be charged additional fee directly by the tour operator at the time of Transfers.
- If the tour operator is unable to accommodate excess baggage. Client will have to make their own arrangements. Please inform us well in advance, if your clients are carrying excess baggage
- Special request in Hotels like Early Check-In, Late Check-Out, Interconnecting Rooms, Adjoining Rooms, Rooms on Same Floors, King Size Bed / Queen Size Bed / Double Bed / Twin Bed / Honeymooners, Smoking Room, Non–Smoking Room, Particular View Room, Food Preferences and Passenger is a CIP / VIP. Etc will be subject to availability & Hotel Policy.
- Rooms confirmed are normally on Twin Occupancy, Standard Category, unless specified in the confirmation.
- Hotel category ratings differ from Country to Country and facilities may not be same in all Countries.
- At the time of Check-in Hotels may charge a deposit by Credit Card / Cash towards replace of items, Guest might have consumed from the Mini Bar or any damage that may have incurred during their stay.
- Passengers must ensure they collect all the Tour Documents / Itineraries from our representative before departure
- Travellers need to Re-confirm the reporting time & meeting place for Tour & Transfers with the tour operator.
- For Information on optional tours or services, please feel free to call us for any assistance.
- Kindly Ensure your Clients Passports are valid for necessary visa endorsements, ECNR / POE formalities completed, etc. before Re-confirming the booking. Also ensure your clients have taken the necessary insurance including protection against cancellation penalties.
- It is understood that, we UTX travels act as agent only for all services covered hereby. Further we shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage resulting from acts of God, dangers, fire, breakdown of machinery, equipment or vehicles, acts of government authority, wars, civil disturbances, riots, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines or any delays or changes including any extra expenses which the passenger may incur as a result of any of the foregoing causes..